Our sports medicine doctors at Flagstaff Bone & Joint are recognized experts in the diagnosis and treatment of sports-related injuries and conditions.
Due to their dynamic nature, sports injuries require specialized methods of treatment.
Whether you’re a weekend warrior or a high school, college, or professional athlete and obtain an injury or suffer from a sports-related condition, you need to see a sports medicine physician with the highest level of training and experience.
When to See a Sports Medicine Physician Near You
- A popping or snapping noise in or around your joints
- Pain or discomfort while walking, running, jumping, or turning during activity
- Experiencing severe pain that keeps you awake at night or while trying to sleep
- Swelling or stiffness in your joints or muscles
- Reduced or limited mobility and function
- Difficulty and/or inability to complete common activities
Common injuries and conditions patients suffer from and require medical treatment or surgery for include:
- Torn ligaments (ACL and MCL)
- Torn cartilage (meniscus)
- Tendon tears
- Joint instability
- Muscle weakness
- Sprains and strains
- Sports concussions
- Overuse injuries
- Burners and stingers
- Shoulder and elbow injuries
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Hip and knee strains and sprains
- Orthopaedic disorders
At Flagstaff Bone & Joint, our sports medicine specialists take a team approach, from assessment through physical therapy, to help you return to your favorite sports and activities. Our doctors are trained in the treatment and care of sports-related injuries and conditions in both conservative treatments and surgery.
To learn more about the sports injuries and conditions affecting athletes, visit our Online Guide to Sports Medicine.
Why Choose Flagstaff Bone & Joint?
Our primary care sports medicine physician and surgeons at Flagstaff Bone & Joint have completed additional sports medicine fellowship training. With this advanced training, Dr. Torey Botti, Dr. Todd Ludwig, Dr. Darius Moezzi, and Dr. Nathan Swain have the experience and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your sports medicine injury individually to your needs and return you to optimal health.