Our hip doctors at Flagstaff Bone & Joint are recognized experts in the diagnosis and treatment of hip injuries and conditions.
Hip pain in patients can be the result of an orthopaedic condition that has developed over time, such as bursitis and arthritis, or of a recent hip injury, such as a fracture or dislocation. In some cases and if not detected early, conditions such as hip bursitis and arthritis may create extreme bone and joint discomfort, making surgery a credible option for relieving your pain.
When to See a Hip Doctor Near You
It may be time to seek medical treatment from an orthopaedic doctor, if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of hip pain:
- Joint pain felt in the front of the hip, along the outside of the hip, in the groin, or over the buttock area
- Discomfort and swelling in the thigh and knee
- Joint inflammation or hip muscle spasms, which may cause fluid accumulation in the hip joint
- Limping or the inability to walk comfortably on the affected side
- Inability to bend or rotate the hip
- Soreness and the feeling of the hip throbbing while sleeping or resting
- Fever, redness, and warmth—which are signs of infection
The most frequent causes of pain in the hip can be related to an orthopaedic condition that has emerged over time. Common hip conditions and injuries patients experience that are often seen by specialists include:
- Hip fractures
- Flexor injury
- Labral tears
- Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI)
Why Choose Flagstaff Bone & Joint?
Our hip surgeons and doctor at Flagstaff Bone & Joint have completed additional training specifically in the hip. With this advanced training, Dr. Liam Bosch, Dr. Todd Ludwig and Dr. Nathan Swain have the experience and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your hip injury or condition individually to your needs.
At Flagstaff Bone & Joint, our hip specialists understand that pain in the hip can make everyday tasks difficult. To consult with a hip doctor at Flagstaff Bone & Joint, please request an appointment online or call (928) 773-2280. We have locations in Flagstaff, Kingman, and Cottonwood to best accommodate your needs.