Our hand doctors at Flagstaff Bone & Joint are recognized experts in the diagnosis and treatment of hand injuries and conditions.
Hand pain in patients can be the result of a condition that has developed over time, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis, or of a recent injury from an accidental fall, such as a fracture. In some cases, and if not detected early, conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, pressure caused by repetitive motions on the median nerve, may create severe pain in the fingers, thumb, hand, and forearm. The most frequent causes of pain can be related to a condition that has transpired over time.
When to See a Hand Doctor Near You
It may be time to seek medical treatment from a doctor near you if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of hand pain:
- Increased hand and arm pain
- Finger joint pain when carrying, gripping, grasping, or twisting objects
- Swelling and discomfort
- Changes in the surrounding joints—if you are experiencing thumb joint pain, your neighboring finger joints may become more mobile than normal
- Palm, wrist, and fingers feel warm or appear red in color
- Numbness, tingling, or throbbing while resting or sleeping
- A sensation of grating or grinding —which is caused by damaged cartilage
- Developing cysts on the end joints of your fingers—which this is caused by conditions such as arthritis
Our hand doctors at Flagstaff Bone & Joint provide expert orthopaedic care and therapy for many common orthopaedic conditions, problems, and injuries of the hand. They include the following:
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Hand, finger, thumb, and wrist pain
- Muscle, tendon, and ligament injuries
- Tendon tears
- Trigger finger
At Flagstaff Bone & Joint, we understand that pain can make simple, everyday activities challenging. Our specialty-trained hand surgeons and doctor know that proper diagnosis is paramount in determining the most effective care plan for your individual condition, providing you with all available treatment options, including the possibility of hand surgery.
Why Choose Flagstaff Bone & Joint?
At Flagstaff Bone & Joint, our hand surgeon has completed additional training specifically in the hand and wrist. With this advanced training, our specialist, Dr. John Flint, has the experience and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your injury or condition individually to your needs, exhausting nonsurgical and therapy treatments before considering surgery.
To consult with a specialist at Flagstaff Bone & Joint, please request an appointment online or call (928) 773-2280. We have locations in Flagstaff, Kingman, and Cottonwood to best accommodate your needs.