Our knee doctors at Flagstaff Bone & Joint are recognized experts in the diagnosis and treatment of knee injuries and conditions.
For patients, pain in the knee can be the result of a condition that has developed over time or from overuse like osteoarthritis, arthritis, and runner’s knee, or from the occurrence of a recent sports injury, such as a meniscal tear or dislocated kneecap.
In some circumstances, and if not identified early on, orthopaedic conditions such as arthritis may create extreme bone and joint discomfort, making knee surgery, such as knee replacement, total knee arthroplasty, or knee arthroscopy, possible options for relieving your knee pain.
When to See a Knee Doctor Near You
A patient should seek medical evaluation by one of our knee specialists if experiencing:
- A popping or snapping noise in or around the knee
- Feel like your knee gave out while walking, running, jumping, or turning
- Have severe pain in the knee, pain in the kneecap, or pain behind the knee
- Cannot bend or move the knee
- Begin limping or are unable to walk comfortably
- Have swelling of the knee or calf area
Common orthopaedic conditions and injuries of the knee include:
- Arthritis of the knee
- Chronic knee pain
- Patellar (kneecap) fractures
- Distal femur (thighbone) fractures of the knee
- Fractures of the proximal tibia (shinbone)
- Patellar dislocation
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries
- Posterior cruciate ligament injuries
- Collateral ligament injuries
- Meniscal tears
- Tendon tears
Why Choose Flagstaff Bone & Joint?
Our knee surgeons have completed additional training. With this advanced training, Dr. Liam Bosch, Dr. Torey Botti, Dr. Todd Ludwig, Dr. Darius Moezzi, and Dr. Nathan Swain have the experience and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your knee injury or condition individually to your needs and specialize in advanced knee surgery, such as total knee replacement and partial knee replacement.
At Flagstaff Bone & Joint, we understand that knee pain can make everyday activities difficult. To consult with a knee doctor for your treatment options, please request an appointment online or call (928) 773-2280. We have office locations in Flagstaff, Kingman, and Cottonwood.