When joint and muscle tissues are injured, the body is often able to repair itself. However, in some circumstances, the body’s natural healing mechanisms do not fully repair the injured tissues, and as a result, no healing occurs. Without the necessary healing or treatment, these injured tendons, ligaments, and/or muscles continue to cause pain and limitation and may even lead to chronic conditions without intervention.
Although within the last few decades, advancements in medical research and technology have proven through years of clinical trials that the body's own healthy cells can regenerate or revive its ability to heal damaged or diseased tissues. This innovative scientific engineering in medicine has made it possible to offer new opportunities to develop treatments to effectively treat disease and injuries.
How Regenerative Medicine Works
Regenerative medicine works by extracting the body's own healthy cells, concentrating them, and then reinjecting or transplant them into the damaged area to help the body heal naturally. By using the body’s own healthy cells, from stem cells or blood cells, regenerative injection cell therapies stimulate the natural healing and regrowth process to alleviate pain and strengthen tissues to keep patients healthy and active.
What Regenerative Medicine Treats
These new therapies are known to help with regeneration in many orthopaedic injuries and conditions, including:
- Cartilage damage
- Labrum and meniscus tears
- Ligament and tendon tears and sprains
- Muscle tears, strains, and other injuries
At Flagstaff Bone & Joint, we specialize in:
- Stem Cell Therapy: A regenerative medicine procedure using stem cells.
- Prolotherapy: A regenerative medicine injection effective for chronic pain and healing damaged tendons and ligaments.
- PRP Therapy: A regenerative medicine procedure that utilizes the body’s own growth factors to replace, repair, and regenerate tissue.
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: A method of seeing inside a human through the use of high-frequency sound waves to guide injections with accuracy.
To learn more about the regenerative medicine health services offered at Flagstaff Bone & Joint, request an appointment online with a regenerative injection therapies provider or call (928) 773-2280.
Why choose Flagstaff Bone & Joint?
Our regenerative medicine experts at Flagstaff Bone & Joint completed additional training, specifically in regenerative medicine. With this advanced knowledge and skill, our regenerative medicine providers have the experience and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat you, individually to your needs.
To consult with one of our regenerative injection therapies providers, please request an appointment online or call (928) 773-2280. We have locations in Flagstaff, Cottonwood, and Kingman-Hualapai Mountain to best accommodate your needs.