Fellowship-trained orthopaedic spine surgeon Dr. Ross Jones is part of The Spine Team and joined Flagstaff Bone & Joint in 2017. After receiving his bachelor of science degree in biology from Brigham Young University in Rexburg, Idaho, Dr. Jones went on to earn his medical degree from the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in Kansas City, Missouri. He then completed his residency training in orthopaedic surgery at the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences and St. Mary’s Medical Center in Blue Springs, Missouri. After his residency, Dr. Jones underwent an additional year of specialized training through an orthopaedic spine surgery fellowship at the University of Alabama in Birmingham, Alabama.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Jones enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking, snow skiing, kayaking and canoeing, camping, fishing, and hunting. He also does woodworking, plays and coaches sports, and participates in humanitarian and medical mission trips.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: Brigham Young University, Rexburg, ID
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences and St. Mary’s Medical Center, Blue Springs, MO
- Orthopaedic Spine Surgery Fellowship: University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- AO Spine
- North American Spine Society