Surgery is a big step, and we are here to make you feel comfortable throughout the entire process. At Flagstaff Bone & Joint, we respect your need for certainty regarding your decision to schedule a procedure/operation. The administrative work involved in booking a procedure is extensive. Just as you would like to be certain of your choice, we also need to know that your decision is well thought out and secure. When you make the decision to move forward, there are a few things you should know.
Surgical Financial Policy:
- If you participate with a high-deductible plan, a deposit of $500.00 is required at the time of scheduling your procedure/operation. This deposit will be applied to your balance after your insurance processes the claim. If your insurance indicates no patient responsibility, we will promptly refund your money, as long as you do not have an existing balance on your accounts.
- For self-pay (no insurance), payment in full is required for all elective procedures no later than 14 days prior to your procedure. If you are scheduled within 14 days, payment in full will be required at the time of scheduling.
- Post-op “global care” is included for office follow-up care 90 days beginning the date of surgery. Global care does not cover X-rays, DME (durable medical equipment), or physical therapy and may be subject to co-pays, coinsurance, or deductibles.
- You will receive separate bills from the hospital, anesthesia, pathology, and ancillary providers (assistants/co-surgeons). Pre-payments and discounts negotiated between you and the surgical facility are distinct and separate from services provided and billed by Flagstaff Bone & Joint.
If you would like to receive a full estimate of out-of-pocket expenses, please contact our billing office at (928) 214-2890, or you may email inquiries to email@example.com.
Late Reschedule/Cancellation Policy:
- A fee of $200.00 will be billed to you or deducted from your deposit if cancellation or rescheduling occurs less than 21 days from surgery date.
If you are interested in assessing the cost of the facilities or the providers that are not employed by Flagstaff Bone & Joint but may be involved in your care, listed below are the most common contacts.
Northern Arizona Healthcare Surgical Facilities:
Flagstaff Medical Center
Northern Arizona Healthcare Orthopedic Surgery Center (NAHOSC)
The Ambulatory Surgi-Center at FMC (TASC)
(928) 213-6208 – Surgical Services Financial Coordinator
(928) 773-2030 – Central Business Office of NAH
Northern Arizona SurgiCenter (NASC)
(602) 797-7775 (Billing and Insurance Dept.)
Provider Contacts (Billed Separate From Flagstaff Bone & Joint):
Valley Anesthesiology Consultants – OASIS Hospital Only
(888) 233-8826 (Billing Dept.)
Hospitalist Group Is Alliance I.A. (The Providers That Treat You at OASIS)
Forest Country Anesthesia – FMC, NAHOSC, NASC, TASC
Gregory Cox, PA (Second Assist for Dr. Amber Randall/Not Employed by Flagstaff Bone & Joint)
Daniel Wesche, MD (Co-Surgeon for Dr. John Hall)
Due to anesthesia requirements for certain in-patient procedures, you may be required to obtain a chest X-ray, EKG, hemoglobin A1c, and/or other lab work to assure you are a fit candidate for surgery. Medicare does not cover these tests if patients do not exhibit certain medical conditions as indicated in your medical history. In some cases, you may receive a bill from Flagstaff Medical Center for these additional tests. We simply want you to be aware of the possibility of these costs. Please contact Flagstaff Medical Center’s billing department at (928) 773-2030.